Friday, September 9, 2011

Just Because Card

I wanted to share with you a card I made real quick today for a friend. It is my first card using a Copic colored image! It turned out pretty good I think! Here it is and then below I will walk through how I made it! :) I had to make the card rather quickly and this was the first image that I had colored and cut out so looking at it I feel like my fussy cutting needs some work, but other than that.....




Ok, so I just used two different colors of purple Core'dinations Cardstock for the base of the card. I layered a piece of paper from the Prima Fairy Flora 6x6 stack and then cut one of the lacey ovals from Spellbinders. I placed the colored image on top of the oval. I used three different I Am Roses flowers in the corner of the card with some Recollections Mulberry Leaves and a Recollections Pearl Flourish. The spray sticking up from the flowers is from Hobby Lobby it is in the wedding aisle. I stamped the sentiment saying "just because" from the Hero Arts Everyday Sayings stamp set on a piece of vellum that I cut to look like a banner. I placed a teak Recollections hard resin flower on the vellum as an embellishment. The inside of the card was stamped with the Hero Arts Big Hugs stamp set. I used the sating "The Little Things in Life Matter Most." 

I hope you enjoy my card! Let me know what you think and suggestions you have for me!

XoXo,

Katie


SUPPLIES:



No comments: