Thursday, August 9, 2012

This & That....

Hello my fellow craftbloggers! I haven't written a more personal inspired blog for some time so I thought I would do so. I do have a card to share with you at the end of this post, so scroll down if you want to just see the pictures. 

My husband and I celebrated our 3 year anniversary yesterday! I feel so lucky to have such an amazing husband. I know a lot of wives feel this way about their husbands but I do as well.  Clearly he knows that I have a love of paper crafts and anything that has to do with paper crafts.  I also LOVE receiving cards.  So what did my amazing husband do for me... HE MADE ME A CARD!!! :) At first I was very hesitant when he asked me to kindly clean my desk because he couldn't find where anything was with my mess in the way (how dare him) ;)! Then he kindly asked me where to find a couple supplies for he was not familiar with all my drawers and baskets and their contents. I helped him find the few things he asked about and away he crafted. It was such a sight to see him over there working with my paper cutter and bakers twine. Picturesque really....  Well, anyway he did a great job so I thought I should share his creation for you to see. I apologize in advance for the quality of the picture it was taken on my phone. Here it is:


Isn't it super adorable!!! :) I love him so much. 

So of course I made him a card but I really challenged myself with this one. I typically make cards with a Copic colored image and lots of flowers. This card has neither. I used Copics very minimally and I love how it turned out. It's a very clean looking card to me at least. :) My husband is an avid road bicyclist and so I wanted to incorporate that into my theme for the card and so I did.  Here is what mine looks like:



I also did another first yesterday... I created my VERY first layout! :) It was somewhat challenging even though the one I made is pretty simple. I will take pictures this evening to post. I so hope you will come back and check it out. Until later tonight....

XoXo,

Katie

No comments: