Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Teach Me Tuesday

Hello and WELCOME to my first Teach Me Tuesday Tutorial! I am very excited to share this with you today. I have been anxiously waiting to show this tutorial.  So, we all know and LOVE Misty's Silver Mesh Bling from MB's Treasurista. Well, I was working on a card and I was thinking to myself that I wished I had it is other colors. I know they sell it in other colors but I needed it NOW! You all know how that is. ;) So, I put my thinking cap on and this is what I came up with. Here is the finished card I was working on and the tutorial is below! 





TUTORIAL TIME!!! 
Here are the supplies you will need:


~Any pair of scissors
~Q-Tips or any brand of cotton swabs
~Tim Holtz Alcohol Ink
~Silver Mesh Bling

(Do you see where I am going with this) ;)

Step 1: Take your scissors and cut out the length of silver mesh bling you are needing for your designated project.




Step 2: Take the TH Alcohol Ink and put a small dot onto the tip of the cotton swap. Because the cotton is super absorbent you will likey need another small dot depending on the shade of color you are trying to achieve as well as the length of silver mesh bling you have to dye. 


Step 3: Dab each "bling" section with the alcohol inked cotton swab. Just use a pouncing method for this step. And keep repeating this until you have achieved the desired look and color. 


Final Product: Custom "Silver Mesh Bling" to match any project! :) 



I hope you super loved my tutorial! Please let me know what you think! :)

XoXo,

Katie

2 comments:

sweetnothingspaperco said...

Wonderful Katie! I love how you're impatient like me and want things like yesterday! Thins is a great tip!
Squishy Hugs,
Lina

Heidi said...

What a super fun tip! I'll have to try that some time! Thanks for the great idea.